Overhaul Information + Important Decision (Poll)

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by gamergirlxo, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Should player builds be saved upon request?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2017.
  1. Yes, I don't want my builds resetting.

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, I don't mind starting over.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I don't care either way.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamergirlxo

gamergirlxo Owner of Ultracraft
    Staff Member Owner Hufflepuff Admin

Hi Ultracrafters!

I figured it was time that I came to you all about the overhaul information and what exactly this will mean.

As you all know we've been struggling in both donations and player count and while we've been a server for almost 2 years, I don't feel we've grown to the size that I would hope to be by now. We've tried what I feel we have been able to try and now it's time to take a new approach.

That new approach will be a network. Think of the big hub servers or any other bigger server, most (if not all) are on a network. What does that mean exactly? Well each game mode will be it's own separate server on one larger server. You'll still connect how you do now but instead you'll have a choice of where you play.

Here's how the servers will break down:

Hub: This is where all new players will first join and this will be somewhat of the lobby. If another server happens to go down, this is where everyone will be kicked to. Waiting area so to speak.

Survival: McMMO, jobs, marriage, a semi vanilla survival experience will be on this server.

Skyblock: Skyblock will be it's own separate server as well. This will help any and all problems that our current skyblock system had/has.

Ultrawarts: This world will house the HP elements that you see on the server today. Classes, wands and all of the HP world locations will stay in this world. There won't be much to do in this world other than classes and explore the castle and such - things you can do now.

More servers/game modes may be added later (such as events, catalog, etc.) but for now this is a good starting place. The catalog will stay ONLY on the survival server for the time being.

Skyblock & Survival will have new donator perks/donator ranks/kits, etc. as well that come along with this overhaul.

A big question people will have now is "will we keep our things?" and this is where we are butting heads.
    The original idea (and the idea that I had) was to have EVERYTHING be completely deleted. Homes, money, mcmmo, jobs, builds, everything - have everyone start from scratch. This isn't a foreign concept in the world of Minecraft servers and in the almost 2 years we've been a server this has not happened however we feel it may be a good times to start. It will give us a chance to clear out any unused player data from players who don't play or haven't logged on in awhile or just simply the ones who have joined and then left right away.

I understand that some players will be okay with this and some will be upset and leave and even some staff are torn between what we should do. That's where YOU all will come into play. Attached to this post you'll find a poll that we need EVERYONE to vote on.

I want you all to keep in mind that this poll will ONLY refer to builds and whether those will be saved. I have already made up my mind that everything else will be wiped.
    So this poll will only refer to builds and whether we should move them/world edit them for players or not.

If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about this, please leave them in the comments.

We're still very early on in the process and it's going to take some time to get everything sorted, reconfigured, spawns built, etc. but this is a big time for Ultracraft and a big update...probably the biggest we've ever had.

With much love,
    UC Staff​

adude1134 likes this.
  2. adude1134

adude1134 New Member
    Hufflepuff Donator

IMO this is a great idea!! I don't mind having my builds wiped clean. Will the old donator ranks be wiped too?

3. gamergirlxo

gamergirlxo Owner of Ultracraft
    Staff Member Owner Hufflepuff Admin

No, donator ranks will be transferred to ONLY the survival server but they will transfer.

Shannica and adude1134 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.