Notice Overhaul Changelog

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by gamergirlxo, Nov 16, 2017.

1. gamergirlxo

gamergirlxo Owner of Ultracraft
    Staff Member Owner Hufflepuff Admin

Hey guys!

I thought I would make this post of where I can update everyone on the overhaul progress.

As of November 16, 2017:
    Hub:
    - Hub configuration 100% completed.
    - Hub spawn 75% completed.

Skyblock:
    - Skyblock configuration 25% completed.
    - Skyblock ranks have been created.
    - Skyblock kits have been completed.

Currently working on:

- Skyblock crates

To do:

- Skyblock spawn
    - Ultrawarts configuration & spawn
    - Survival configuration & spawn
    - Donation store makeover to include new/seperate servers.

I'll try to keep this up to date as best I can. I tried keeping it brief but there's a lot of configuring to do. Kits, crates, ranks, perks with ranks, any extra "under the hood" things, etc.

-UC Staff

adude1134 likes this.
  2. adude1134

adude1134 New Member
    Hufflepuff Donator

thanks for the update!

3. gamergirlxo

As of November 20, 2017:

Buildings will be transferred over to the new Ultracraft upon request. There will be some limitations on this and what's allowed to be transferred over.

More details about this will be posted later!

4. gamergirlxo

As of January 1, 2018:

Skyblock, Hub spawns have been created. Survival spawn is being worked on currently + is the largest spawn to build. Ultrawarts spawn will stay as it is currently/castle.

Hub server 90% complete.

Still currently working on Skyblock. Due to school/work, I haven't had much time to work on the overhaul but there are still things going on behind the scenes.

No date has been decided upon as of now + no further information on what builds/how much of builds will be transferred over. Discussions about that will come soon.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. gamergirlxo

As of January 4, 2017:

Instead of making a completely new post I decided to just tag it here. This will be the changelog on information you need to know about the overhaul, what's resetting, why, etc.

Q. Why are we resetting/overhauling?
    A. Well, the idea began when our player numbers were dropping. I did some research, checked out other servers and asked myself "what are they doing that we aren't?" and I came to the conclusion that these other servers offer much more in terms of variety and stability in that variety. While yes, we offer skyblock and different ways of playing, it's all on one server which makes it difficult when it comes to plugins and ensuring that everything runs as smoothly as it can and gives players a positive gameplay experience. So there are a few reasons as to why this is happening; none of which are me or us, as a server/team being "bored" or wanting to make it hard on players. Also, we've since learned that a larger plugin that 95% of servers run will be discontinuing - this is something that will cause ANY server to have to rethink their strategy and shuffle around some plugins/player data (since this plugin holds a lot of player data such as homes, money, enderchests, kits, ranks, etc).

Q. What will I lose during this overhaul?
    A. 98% of everything will be reset. This includes money, inventories, mcmmo stats, job stats, vouchers, etc. This is a complete overhaul for everyone and this is a fresh new start for Ultracraft. In order to keep with that idea, everything must be reset. Originally we were going to remove everything, completely, including homes and builds but I was persuaded - however the size of these builds and what will be transferred will be limited.

Q. Are vouchers/keys, etc. being reset?
    A. Yes. Any money you have now, claim blocks, etc. will be reset. If you decide to save some of these items in your homes/builds, they will not be refunded after the overhaul is completed. Crates/keys will also become invalid as we will be reworking our crates, etc. So if you plan on saving your vouchers (besides fly vouchers; those will stay intact) you'd be wasting your time.

Q. How much will I be able to transfer over builds wise?
    A. We've done this several times in the past and the last time we did this we had one town that was very large (not necessarily in builds but in land) and was a headache for us to piece back together/transfer. We also are aware of some large towns currently on the server that could, again, be history repeating itself. Therefore, unfortunately we will have to put a block limit on what will be allowed/saved. We will only be allowing 262,000 blocks worth of builds be transferred over. This is TOTAL; not per build so please keep this in mind and begin preparing your builds as best you can.

Q. What will this process look like?
    A. As we get closer to releasing the overhaul and changing things over, we will request from you here on the forums the coordinates of the build(s) you'd like to have transferred over. We will create a schematic of these builds and we will double check to make sure that it's within the allotted build size. Please, do not ask us about this until then; we are still very much in the planning process and are not to that point yet. You will be made aware of this when we are. Once the new server is up and running, transfer has been successful, we will allow you to fly/walk/rtp around and find where you'd like your schematic placed back in. Again, more information on this process will come at a later date.

Q. Will chest items be saved within the builds?
    A. Yes. Anything and everything that you have requested to be transferred over will transfer over. This does not include enderchests/backpacks. Those will be reset.

Q. Will ranks be reset?
    A. In-game ranks, yes, will be reset. Donator ranks, no. We will be reworking our donator system and they may have new names but we will ensure that you are provided with whatever the equivalent of that rank will be.

If there are any other questions that pop over between now and the overhaul, we will be sure to answer them/think on them, etc. but for now these are the questions we've been receiving as of late.

6. Shannica

Shannica Puzzle Master
    Ravenclaw Donator

So we can keep everything in the chests in those builds? We can keep all our good gear? Am I reading that right? And do Shulker boxes transfer like chests? (I'm really sorry if this isn't the place to post, I'm not sure where else to)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  7. gamergirlxo

We will be going through the chests to ensure that no OP items/gear will be transferred over. Yes shulker boxes though will transfer over just fine.

8. gamergirlxo

As of February 13, 2018:

+ Ultrawarts server is mostly completed. Once we transfer, some house keeping will need to be done + further developments but for the most part that is completed.
    + Redbear47 has been promoted to Head Admin. Taken from Discord - "First update with the overhaul is a small one but I’d like to congratulate Redbear47 for being promoted to head admin. Red has gone above and beyond in helping me with the overhaul and I am proud and happy of the work we’ve been getting done. With this promotion Red will be in charge of making decisions if an admin is needed. He will consult with me and Meep and make the best decision he feels needs to be done. He will also continue working closely with me as we redo Ultracraft and make it something that we can all be proud of."
    + Hub server 99% completed. Just some small details + re-enabling of things need doing.
    + Skyblock is about 90% completed. Need to finish up admin shop + informational signs in correct areas.
    + Survival spawn will begin tonight configuration wise. Survival spawn is about 90-95% complete.
    + After all servers are completed, I will move on to reworking the Donation Store as well as the Discord (to reflect the new changes plus revamp Discord as a whole).

adude1134 likes this.
  9. adude1134

adude1134 New Member
    Hufflepuff Donator

Congratulations Redbear!!

gamergirlxo likes this.
  10. gamergirlxo

As of February, 18, 2018:

+ DISCORD HAS BEEN CHANGED! I'm still working on it but the bulk of the Discord overhaul has been made. Ranks have been added, role colors have changed, new channels have been added. Biggest update for Discord is the ranking system. In order to get our Discord more active, you will now gain XP that will help you in going through different ranks. There are 11 ranks to go through. The more you talk/type on Discord, the more XP you get and you will be auto given a role. There may be some bugs in this but if there are, I'll look into fixing them.
    + Survival economy is being discussed.
    + We are thinking about making UC a little more lenient on cursing in in-game chat. I put up a poll on Discord asking Discord users there thoughts and as of now 13 are in favor of it where 3 are not. (this is so it's not including me). The way this would work is we will/would allow for basic curse words to be used in chat without any punishment but if it becomes excessive or starts getting inappropriate then punishments will be had. If you have any strong objections or "in favor" comments to this, please use our Discord so we can discuss it there. I am now 27 and when I started UC I was still in the "family friendly" mentality but as I've gotten older, explored a few other servers, I've begun leaning away from that family friendly aspect plus I believe this may bring in more diversity and be a plus for most players meaning hopefully keeping more players.
    + Survival configuration started last night. I got a lot done last night with that and I plan to continue on it tonight.

We are nearly there.
    Donation store will need to be worked on as well as some in-game stuff but we're pushing along!